Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ease up on FACEBOOK

sup y'all

I believe social networks like Facebook is just where one can have some fun and also reminisce on good old days with friends near and far and I believe that is the purpose of its invention.
SO WHATS WITH ALL THE DRAMA ON FACEBOOK ?

A lot of people have bitter experiences on Facebook. I have a couple of crazy ones myself. I wanted to list a number of them which would have taken up a lot of space and I didn't want to bore you guys so I will literally just run through a couple of them without the usual bullets.

So about a week ago, I posted a funny comment on my friends wall. I received a comment soon after and it was his GIRLFRIEND who had written some very very harsh stuff to me about writing "that" on MY FRIENDS wall. First of all, his girlfriend and I have never met so we don't know each other. So my guess is, this girl doesn't even know who I am. I could probably be really close to him or even a relative. In my books, a girl like that wouldn't last five minutes because clearly, she lacks sense of humor and is REALLY rude but I guess that isn't my decision. And yes my post got deleted from him page eventually.

Now, another friend had to block all her female friends just because his girlfriend didn't like any of them sending him messages or commenting on his pictures. It got so serious to a point where she actually sent messages to all those lady friends, telling them not to communicate with him anymore because they were the reason their relationship wasn't working. That wasn't all, she called all the girls "BIT**S" as well in her message. Who blames a bad relationship on Facebook ? Oh, I almost forgot the interesting part, they broke up and now dude has to call all these girls and try to reconnect. Damn!


Well, bottom line is people take minor things too seriously. Life is stressed up enough already with school, work, family, relationships.... etc for there to be more drama on a social media where one should be able to laugh things off on peoples status updates, comments, pictures..etc. Moreover, people are "addicted" to Facebook not because they choose to but because its a great feeling to be present among friends and family where one can chat and discuss things one cannot usually do anywhere else. Hence we need to make this "place" fun and just go easy on there. After all, people are just making billions off of us anyway, so why stress it.

Thanks for reading y'all..... Peace ✌✌

2 comments:

  1. I was afraid to get into ur mind...looking at ur...ok i will stop here...but seriously u have got something great going on here with this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. what were you looking at ? anyway thanks for the comment. i appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete