Thursday, August 23, 2012

MAMMA beat my ass - PART 1

Growing up, Mum beat my ass a couple of times. Each time was a sad moment for me but I'm cracking up laughing as I write this post. Today, I rather tease her on the whooping she gave me. I always ask her "So Mum, remember when I did this and that and you beat me?" and all she says in return is "No I don't, but my beating have made you what you are today". To this day, she has never admitted to doing anything wrong in-terms of how she disciplined us, and we don't think she ever will. Indeed, her whooping did teach us lessons. Lessons we still remember. Lessons that have set us up the right way. So I guess she did do a great ass whooping job on us.

You can be guaranteed that the "My Mamma" topic will pop up when Africans meet, regardless of which countries we are from. This is one of the topics which we discuss the most among ourselves and we just laugh at each others pain. I have many beating stories so its only right that I share with you guys a couple of them. Alright, here we go !!

As a kid, about 5 years old, I loved powdered milk. There was a popular brand at the time called NIDO (picture attached below). I remember my Mum used to keep a few tins on the bottom shelf of the cabinet. I came back from school one day while she was at work, sneaked into the cabinet, opened the lid and ate up some of the powdered milk. Mum came home around 4pm, entered her room, and after a few minutes I heard her call my name the angry way "Herr Mubarak", that was my "about-to-get-a-beating" name. Anytime Mamma called a name and  said "Herr" before the name, you knew your butt was going to be set on fire. So the moment she called, my heart dropped. "How could she know", I thought. I wiped my lips clean, put on my innocent face and walked into her room. With the powdered milk in hand, she asked "Who came in here to eat powdered milk?", she asked. As stupid as I was, I denied it. I told her I had no idea. How dumb, There was no one else home except my little sister and I. She asked me again and I still denied. So she called my little sister into the room and asked her the same question. She told Mum she hadn't even been to her room. Fauzia, my little sister, had absolutely no idea what had went down so I believe Mum could easily tell the innocence on her face and immediately told her to leave us. I knew my butt was in a lot of trouble right there so I started psyching myself up for a whooping. What made it worse, she pulled out the lid, opened it and told me to come take a look. So I proceeded slowly knowing she could swing from anyway at anytime. I think I was more cautious with my steps than an 90 year old woman with bad feet. I got close enough and realized my finger prints were left all over the powder. All I could think was "DAMN, I messed up". At this point, there was no escaping the whooping so I just wanted to get it over with. Long story short, she beat my ass so badly and told me NEVER to "steal" or "lie" again. She warned me never to take anything without permission and if she wasn't home, should tell her when she came back. That was the lesson. Of course I didn't want that kind of beating ever again so I kept it in my best memory. I kept eating the powdered milk, but this time, I always met her at the door when she came home and reported myself immediately. 

Then it got to a point where she had to change the rules because my powdered-milk eating habit was getting out of hand. One afternoon, she calls me into her room again. This time she didn't whoop me but warned me never to eat up the powdered milk unless she had directly instructed me to. That was the start to the end of my powdered milk-eating habits, but at least until I was old enough to buy little portions on the streets with my lunch money.

I was about 5 years old at the time and after that, I never got into trouble for taking anything that didn't belong to me. As I got older, I gained her trust so much that even when she misplaced anything around the house, whether it was money, jewelry or clothes, she never asked me if I had it but would ask everybody else. She trusted that I wouldn't take it and if I did, she knew I would tell her. 

That's what a little discipline can do, OR perhaps I should say thats what a LITTLE ASS WHOOPING can do......It can indeed straighten you up

Part 2 on the way

Thanks for reading y'all.........ONE LOVE.
This is the lady I was talking about y'all. My sweet Mamma. LOVE HER TO DEATH !!
                   Mum with my nephew. He will learn soon. 
Mamma with lil nephew Payton
I am not saying treat your kids like slaves and prisoners, but you cannot spare them too much either. You will mess up your kids that way
No this is too extreme. This is child abuse right 
Your Mamma loves you regardless. Discipline is just tough love. Thats all it is. 
Chinese parents don't play.
This is child abuse. If you let a child bleed. Thats just going too far 

The old school way of spanking
This is what got me in trouble y'all. The powdered Milk: Nido

6 comments:

  1. This is funny man. haha..Where is part 2 ?? can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sani was up.good piece.this is felix obanzo bro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obanzooooooooooo, word up bro. long time man. everything good ? thanks for checking it out. peace !!

      Delete
  3. MAMA BEAAAAA!!!!!!

    Yh we ALL been there...all of us. :)
    (Mr Boatengs daughters lmao)

    But seriously though this is good writing- smart, intelligent writing. iLike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks cuz...yeah "MR BOATENG'S DAUGHTERS". haha

      Delete
  4. Interesting piece u v got der...definitely will be awaiting the 2nd n 3rd part.

    ReplyDelete